Fantastic! Your special Facebook Group invitation is on its way to your inbox. We can’t wait to see you in The Badger Den.
The Badger is hiring:
Join the SaaS Squad
At Ad Badger, you’ll join a hard-working team dedicated to helping Amazon Advertisers. We’re on our way to being the go-to Amazon PPC tool. We have the fastest-growing Amazon PPC blog and we launched the world’s first Amazon PPC podcast.
The Badger cares about quality. Expectations will be high, but your workload will always be fair and manageable, and your contributions will be openly appreciated.
If you believe that passion, team-work, and variety are the spices of life, this job will be an excellent match for you. Our development team squashes bugs, eliminates technical debt, builds exciting new features around Amazon APIs, and helps refine engineering practices. Staying organized, being adaptable, and a proactive attitude are all essential to this position.
Here’s a video from Michael, CEO and Badger BFF:
About the Person We Seek
- Full stack web-app engineer with 3+ years of experience developing web/ SaaS solutions in a team environment
- Extensive experience with PHP Laravel and React (Knowledge of Node.js and other front-end frameworks is encouraged)
- Experience developing in Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Thinks independently and critically, but acts with a team-first mentality
- Enjoys learning new technologies and understands that every problem and every tool is different
- Has knowledge of good software development principles (agile, scrum, writing tests) and the intentions behind them.
- Your code is a delight to others on your team; you constructively help your team to produce delightful, clean, and well-documented code.
- You’re comfortable in a small, fast-moving, virtual team– ability to pull together in an early stage startup.
- You are flexible in hours and are willing to work non-standard hours on occasion to facilitate our release cycle.
- You are ethical and honest. Period. We are proud to talk about what we do and who we work alongside at the dinner table with our families.
- You are able to reach beyond engineering for inter-departmental collaborations.
What You Can Expect
- Work in a small, distributed software team to develop the core Ad Badger application using the Scrum framework.
- Design, develop, maintain, and ship new features, architecture improvements, and bug fixes. Warning: We have fun doing these things.
- Work on interesting front and back end problems, beyond your run-of-the-mill SaaS product— from inspiring UX improvements to complex synchronization jobs with Amazon Advertising and Seller APIs.
- Design new technical solutions, microservices architecture, and potential features with an eye towards growth.
- Guide the development team to use better engineering practices and increase quality (continuous integration/ deployment, unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.).
- Identify technical debt, generate backlog items to reduce technical debt, and translate the value of resolving technical debt to non-technical stakeholders.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with changes to Amazon APIs!
Day in The Life
Our development team currently consists of three development team members who report to the CTO. The team collaborates virtually through Slack and Google Meet.
Here is a brief summary of what you might tackle each Sprint:
- Bugs: We usually prioritize bugs first and foremost in order to provide an excellent user experience. We emphasize long term solutions, so that the code is a more enjoyable place for developers to work in.
- Front End Features: We have a stellar UX designer who will provide world class user experience designs using Material Design. Our developers turn those designs into reality using Material-UI and back end API endpoints.
- Back End Features: Our CEO, CTO, and Marketing Team are always brainstorming useful enhancements and new features that users will love. We are working to build up our internal API to provide back end support for these new features. We have an innovative job queuing system to run nightly bid optimization algorithms for each Ad Badger customer. These algorithms are updated frequently.
- Technical Debt: Every tech company has some amount of technical debt, and Ad Badger is no exception. You’ll push for the tackling of technical debt so that we don’t fall behind. You’ll provide context for the benefits of resolving technical debt to non-technical stakeholders.
- Integrations: Our app integrates with 3rd party SaaS to handle some tasks, such as credit card processing, so that we don’t need to reinvent the wheel. New integrations or tweaks to integrations do occur from time to time.
- Technical Consultation: Provide a voice for the feasibility and complexity of future features during backlog refinements. Our CEO and Marketing Team prioritize features based on customer value, time to market, and feasibility.
Sound like a match?
Ad Badger is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.