The Badger is hiring.
Join the Badger Den and Shape the Future of Amazon Advertising Tools
Join our Engineering Team
At Ad Badger, you’ll be joining a hard-working team dedicated to helping Amazon Marketers & Sellers. We’re on our way to being THE go-to Amazon PPC tool, community, and training platform. As a new member of Team Badger, you’ll contribute to growth, conversion, and retention. We’ve got the fastest-growing Amazon PPC Blog & Launched the World’s First Amazon Podcast.
The Badger cares about quality. Expectations will be high, but your workload will always be fair and manageable, and your contributions will be openly appreciated.
If you believe that passion, team-work, and variety are the spices of life, this job will be an excellent match for you. Our development team uses the Scrum software development framework to squash bugs, eliminate technical debt, build exciting new features around Amazon APIs, and help refine engineering practices. Staying organized, being adaptable, and a proactive attitude are all essential to this position.
Video from Michael, CEO, and Badger BFF:
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Austin, TX)
The Person we're looking for
- You are a full stack engineer with 5+ years of experience developing web/SaaS solutions in a team environment.
- You have some experience in PHP and Vue.js (or other similar front end frameworks).
- You think independently and critically, but act with a team-first mentality.
- You are fearless and act with a propensity to solve problems and ship code.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and understand that every problem and every tool is different.
- You are a technical leader and proactively mentor others on your team.
- You have knowledge of good software development principles and the intent behind them.
- Your code is a delight to others on your team; you constructively help your team to produce delightful code.
- You’re comfortable in a small, fast-moving, virtual team – ability to pull together in an early stage startup.
- You can collaborate on technical details in one moment, but can also speak to customer use cases in another.
- You can work on-site at our offices in Austin, TX, or are willing to relocate.
What You Can Expect
- Work in a small, distributed software team to develop the core Ad Badger application using the Scrum framework.
- Design, develop, maintain, and ship new features, architecture improvements, and bug fixes. Warning: We have fun doing these things.
- Work on interesting front and back end problems, beyond your run-of-the-mill SaaS product — from inspiring UX improvements to complex synchronization jobs with Amazon MWS APIs.
- Design new technical solutions, microservices architecture, and potential features, with an eye towards growth.
- Guide the development team to use better engineering practices and increase quality (continuous integration/deployment, unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.).
- Identify technical debt, generate backlog items to reduce technical debt, and translate the value of resolving technical debt to non-technical stakeholders.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with changes to Amazon APIs.
- Aid in backlog refinement to ensure product backlog items have sufficient information and are ready for developers to work.
Day in The Life
Ad Badger is an early-stage startup. Our development team works out of a central backlog in JIRA, and we use the Scrum software development framework in two week sprints.
Our development team currently consists of three development team members. The team collaborates virtually through Slack. Here is a brief summary of the types of things you might tackle each Sprint:
- Bugs: We usually prioritize bugs first and foremost in order to provide an excellent user experience. We emphasize long term solutions, so that the code is a more enjoyable place for developers to work in.
- Front End Features: We have a stellar UX designer who will provide world class user experience designs using material design. Our developers turn those designs into reality using Vuetify and back end API endpoints.
- Back End Features: Our CEO and Marketing Team are always brainstorming useful enhancements and new features that users will love. We are working to build up our internal API to provide back end support for these new features. We have an innovative job queuing system to run nightly bid optimization algorithms for each Ad Badger customer. These algorithms are updated frequently.
- Technical Debt: Every tech company has some amount of technical debt, and Ad Badger is no exception. You’ll push for the tackling of technical debt so that we don’t fall behind. You’ll provide context for the benefits of resolving technical debt to non-technical stakeholders.
- Integrations: Our app integrates with 3rd party SaaS to handle some tasks, such as credit card processing, so that we don’t need to reinvent the wheel. New integrations or tweaks to integrations do occur from time to time.
- Technical Consultation: Provide a voice for the feasibility and complexity of future features during backlog refinements. Our CEO and Marketing Team prioritize features based on customer value, time to market, and feasibility.
Sound like a match?
Ad Badger is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.