Last Updated: October 5, 2017
- on the Website;
- through the Services; and
It does not apply to information collected by any third party (including Ad Badger’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Services.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or our Services, register on the Website or for our Services, make any purchases through the Website or our Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or our Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented industry-standard security measures designed to protect the personal information that you may provide. Access to your personal information on the Website or Services may be password-protected, and sensitive data protected by SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Services.
Third Party Websites and Services
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and our Services, including:
- Personal Information
Personal information is information by which you may be personally identified. Ad Badger uses personal information to better understand users’ needs and interests and to provide better services. You may be able to request information on our Website or Services, subscribe to mailing lists, participate in online discussions, provide feedback, submit information into registries, register for events, or apply for memberships. The types of personal information you provide to Ad Badger may include your name, address, phone number, email address, username, password, credit card or billing information, and account numbers. Ad Badger may use personal information to provide services that support the activities of our members. When accessing your registered account, your personal user information may be tracked by Ad Badger to ensure authorized access.
In order to use some features of the Ad Badger Website and Services, you may need to register and create an account by providing us with your name, email address, username, and password. The registration forms require users to give us accurate contact information. Your information may be used to send you information about Ad Badger, product updates, special offers, and newsletters, and to provide you with more customized services.
Our order forms securely collect visitor’s contact information and financial information (like your credit card number and other billing information). Contact information on order forms is used for order fulfillment and may be shared with our partners or resellers if that is necessary to fulfill your request. During the purchasing process, you may be given the opportunity to sign up for future e-mailings regarding our products, services, and promotions. You may also be given the option of registering a profile with Ad Badger, which may store your name, purchase history, and billing information to make it easier for you to shop and purchase products/services from us in the future.
- Automatic Information Collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- certain details of your access to and use of our Website and Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website or Services;
- information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number;
- metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device; and
- real-time information about the location of your device.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website or Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website or Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Ad Badger, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ad Badger’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Ad Badger about our users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ad Badger, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website or Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Website or Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website or Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from Ad Badger. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Ad Badger to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website or Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Ad Badger as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order or registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to support@AdBadger.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website or Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at support@AdBadger.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights and Do-Not-Track Laws
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website and Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at support@AdBadger.com.
Please note that Ad Badger does not respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms intended to allow California residents to opt-out of Internet tracking. Ad Badger may also track and/or disclose your online activities over time and across different websites to third parties when you use our Website or Services.