Fantastic! Your special Facebook Group invitation is on its way to your inbox. We can’t wait to see you in The Badger Den.
The Badger is hiring.
Join the Badger Den and Shape the Future of Amazon Advertising
Join our Growth Marketing Team
At Ad Badger, you’ll be joining a hard-working team dedicated to helping Amazon Marketers & Sellers. We’re on our way to being THE go-to Amazon PPC tool, community, and training platform. As a new member of Team Badger, you’ll contribute to growth, conversion, and retention. We’ve got the fastest-growing Amazon PPC Blog & Launched the World’s First Amazon Podcast.
The Badger cares about quality. Expectations will be high, but your workload will always be fair and manageable, and your contributions will be openly appreciated.
If you believe that passion, team-work, and variety are the spices of life, this job will be an excellent match for you. Your typical work-day will be varied. During our marketing sprints, you’ll balance anything from creating videos for users, answering customer service tickets, promoting content, and managing accounts. Staying organized, being adaptable, and a proactive attitude are all essential to this position.
Video from Michael, CEO, and Badger BFF:
The Person we're looking for
We understand that Amazon Advertising is going to be new for most marketers. You don’t need Amazon PPC experience to apply. You do, however, need to be a T-Shaped Marketer.
We think strategically about Amazon PPC campaigns and build great relationships with our customers.
- Lives in Austin, Texas: Austin has one of the most exciting startup cultures in the world. Combine that with Amazon Advertising’s rapid growth, and you’ll be in for a thrilling ride.
- Technical Skills or PPC Skills: Knowledge of Amazon Ads, Google Ads, or Facebook Ads is a plus.
- Excel Whiz: We’re going to have you VLOOKUP during your technical interview.
- Strong Communicator: You’ll be using our Amazon PPC Software to provide 1-on-1 video walkthroughs and account insight. You’re also terrific on the phone with clients.
- Passion for Content: You’ll share Amazon PPC News with our content team to help build videos for our YouTube Channel and Blog. Both of which are growing double-digit month over month since inception.
- A Strong Self-Guided Learner: PPC education never ends. This position will monitor Amazon PPC News & Strategy to be sure all of our information is industry-leading.
- Sharing What You Learn: We are building Ad Badger to be the Ad Espresso, Moz, Ahrefs, or Wordstream of Amazon PPC. We believe in providing courses, content, webinar, and other shares to help bolster our community.
- Customer Support & Engagement: We have a growing group of Amazon Sellers, and we want to provide quick answers to their questions.
- Organized: You can balance your focus between larger accounts spending 250k/month and smaller ones with budgets at 1,000/mo, as well as incorporating customer service into the mix.
- Warmth, Friendly, and Fun: You know how to make clients feel comfortable, provide them with confidence, and assurance when things don’t go as planned.
- A Paid Traffic Champ: There are a lot of PPC managers out there that set up an account, and only check it once a month. We’re not one of those PPC-Teams. You love pushing campaigns forward regularly. You are hungry and genuinely get excited when campaigns break records.
- Ambitious: We are not okay with skipping by. We have a culture of excellence and big goals. We aim to grow our MRR 3x in 2020.
The ideal candidate
- A Lifelong Learner That Loves Paid Traffic: If you don’t get excited with a ticket to HeroConf, or don’t read PPC News, this position isn’t for you. We’re going to ask you what you read and how you learn during your interview.
- Strategic Vision: When a campaign doesn’t work out the way you wanted it to, what is your reaction? Do your emotions impact your performance? Are you comfortable building and sharing a strategic vision to map your way out of a performance slump? Can you convey confidence to your clients?
- A Great Teacher: Can you help clients understand when a dip in CTR isn’t a bad thing? Can you help them understand how an increase in ad spend can lead to a rise in profit related to their target ROAS?
- Confident & Self-Driven: A client wants to roll out an all broad match strategy. Do you have the initiative to hop on the phone with them and the confidence to explain why it’s not a good idea to go that broad? Are you comforting enough to not make them feel foolish in the process?
- Online Communication Skills: Do you know how to Control-Tab between browser tabs? Is your WPM sky-high? Can you convey a friendly, confident attitude through an email?
- Analytical Skills: Do you feel like giving someone a high-five after you create a Pivot Table? Do you know when to use VLOOKUP? When you look at account-level metrics, do you have the urge to dig deeper and find the real reasons for performance changes?
- Salesmanship: We are only as good as the client thinks we are. When things go well – can you link our work to increased performance? When things aren’t going well – can you get people on board with the vision to improve?
- Ethical & Honest: We’re proud to talk about what we do or who we work with at the dinner table with our families.
- Has an “Empty Cup”: There is no time for egos or know-it-alls. Understanding how to be knowledgeable, confident, humble, and helpful are core tenants of our culture.
- Technologically Inclined: You don’t need instructions on how to take screenshots, and you’re interested in faster ways to do so.
Day in The Life
Ad Badger is an early-stage startup. We have a marketing calendar where we take care of weekly items like publishing a podcast, writing a newsletter. We also follow Weekly Marketing Sprints in a Scrum-Style format. During a sprint, we work on one-off projects. Our sprints might involve launching a new initiative to build an email marketing strategy, starting a new FB Ads Campaign, or optimizing SEO on our WordPress Site.
There are currently three other members of the Ad Badger Marketing & PPC Team. You will be our fourth! Below is a sampling of some items you may jump into over a month:
- Customer Support: We provide world-class support.
- Customer Videos: We send clients personalized videos welcoming them and showing them around the app.
- Contribute to Social Media: We love sharing Amazon PPC Advertising News & Strategies.
- Content Marketing: We’re building the Library of Alexandria of Amazon Advertising. We blog, we podcast, we share on social, and we make videos on Amazon PPC.
- Writing: Helping our writers produce the very best content.
- Email Marketing: Help build strong relationships with our market.
- Optimizing PPC Campaigns: One of the best ways to stay sharp on Amazon Advertising is to spend time working on client campaigns.
- Brainstorm: We’re a small team, and you’ll have plenty of input on the future of Ad Badger when it comes to product development and marketing.
- Communicating with VIP Customers: Ad Badger isn’t an agency, but we do manage a selection of VIP customers’ Amazon Campaigns.
- Sales: Almost all our traffic is inbound, but we do allocate some time to find and talk to “dream” customers.
- Software Demo: Showing off our tool to prospects.
- Talk about Tools: We are obsessed with technology and how we can build a better app. We study the market, and are passionate about efficiency and effectiveness.
Sound like a match?
Ad Badger is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.