Fantastic! Your special Facebook Group invitation is on its way to your inbox. We can’t wait to see you in The Badger Den.
stop everything. The Badger is hiring.
Ad Badger: Full Stack Software Engineer (Austin, TX)
About Ad Badger
Ad Badger is building the smartest, most effective SaaS tool that Amazon Sellers use to automate and optimize their advertising campaigns. We’re hiring to help The Badger grow bigger, stronger, and more ferocious.
Amazon Pay-Per-Click advertising accounts for 10-40% of a typical Amazon Seller’s Business and is the fastest growing digital advertising network – the 3rd largest behind Facebook and Google. Ad Badger’s software improves advertising ROI for Amazon Seller Businesses through automated bid algorithms, keyword management, campaign optimization, and education.
Ad Badger has finished The Brandery Startup Accelerator, received funding, and is moving at warp speed. We are on pace to 6x our users in 2019 compared to 2018.
We ultimately want to provide the most advanced Amazon Advertising Technology to Amazon Sellers: complete with machine learning and self-improving algorithms.
Why Work with Ad Badger?
- We have a team-centric work environment: Team comes first at Ad Badger. We know the key to building a strong company begins with a strong team that has their needs met.
- Genuine Desire for Your Success: We believe in realistic timelines, autonomy, attention to detail, and appreciation to craftsmanship. Our leadership is here to support your growth.
- Management Respects The Development Process: We never micro-manage, always encourage independent thinking, and understand what it takes to build quality software. There is mutual respect on our team, and management will always go to bat for our team.
- A Learning Environment: Our team is encouraged to learn new skills. Ad Badger has limitless opportunity to grow in unforeseen directions that will help build a more advanced tool.
- Exercise Creativity and Solve Exciting Challenges: Ad Badger has challenging, rewarding problems to solve for our users. From working on new Bid Algorithms that will impact millions of clicks, to brainstorming system architecture, we have plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Have a Voice: We do not promote silence and conformity. Being an early-stage startup, you have the chance to work directly with our product team and help shape direction.
- Celebrate Victories: Ad Badger is growing fast, so you’ll be able to celebrate wins and see the tangible impacts of technical work on a small team.
- The Work Matters: We’re creating tools that will impact the 3rd Largest Digital Ad Platform for 1,000’s of Amazon Businesses to use. Our users entrust us with millions of dollars of ad spend, and it’s our responsibility to optimize it well.
- Move Fast: Work won’t feel like you’re dragging 100-pound weights around. We’re here to move fast and aim to avoid engineering bureaucracy.
- Few Legacy Constraints & Wide Open Areas to Explore: We know the fun drained out of maintaining clunky legacy systems. We’ve got an open road ahead.
What We're Looking For
- You are a full stack engineer with 3+ years of experience developing web/SaaS solutions in a team environment.
- You think independently and critically, but act with a team-first mentality.
- You are fearless and act with a propensity to solve problems and ship code.
- You think learning is a journey; you understand your learning style.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and understand that every problem and every tool is different. Technical polyglots are preferred.
- You have strong knowledge of good software development principles and the intent behind them.
- Your code is a delight to others on your team; you constructively help your team to produce delightful code.
- You’re comfortable in a small, fast-moving team – ability to pull together in an early stage startup.
- You can collaborate on technical details in one moment, but can also speak to customer use cases in another.
- You can work on-site at our offices in Austin, TX, or are willing to relocate
What You Can Expect
- You’ll work in a small, distributed software team to develop the core Ad Badger application using the Scrum framework.
- Design, develop, maintain, and ship new features, architecture improvements, and bugfixes. Warning: We have fun doing these things.
- Work on interesting front and back end problems, beyond your run-of-the-mill SaaS product — from inspiring UX improvements to complex synchronization jobs with Amazon MWS APIs.
- Collaborate and provide input on technical solutions, architecture, and potential features, with an eye towards growth.
- Act as an anchor to build a local Austin, TX development team
- This is a full time on-site position, and we understand that people have errands, deliveries, and other real life hurdles to take care of sometimes. We celebrate accomplishments and performance rather than the appearance of productivity.
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance (Badger Covers 50%)
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- 401k Through Slavic
- JustWorks PEO
- 15 PTO Days with 10 Carryover
- 5 Sick Days
- Standard Bank Holidays
- Technology Stipend
- Flexible Office VS WFH Days
- Friday Team Lunches
Sound like a match?
Ad Badger is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.