Price optimization on Amazon Advertising is not as easy as just changing the price. Chad Rubin of Profasee outlines behavioral science and economics with Michael to illustrate why, when, and how to change your pricing strategy. Modifying your price point influences everything, including profit, and many marketers don’t test often enough. Maybe that’ll change after you listen to this episode.
We’ll see you in The PPC Den!
- 0:00 Welcome, Chad Rubin!
- 2:20 How Chad fell in love with e-commerce
- 5:33 Why is price optimization important?
- 9:07 What is an Amazon pricing strategy?
- 10:36 What to do first with your pricing strategy?
- 13:30 Example of what $1 can do on one SKU
- 15:40 When is it not okay to raise the price?
- 20:12 Do you consider the same metrics for cutting price?
- 21:10 What is a dynamic pricing strategy?
- 22:05 Why do we avoid price optimization?
- 26:30 Pricing strategy for launch phases?
- 29:19 Champagne problems!
Links & Resources
- Where to find Chad, Profasee
- Prosper Show
- Using Reverse ASIN On Your Product For New Amazon PPC Keywords
- Who to Hire for Your Amazon Growth Team
- 🦡 Connect with Ad Badger’s CEO and The PPC Den host, Michael Facchin
- Get a product tour of the Ad Badger App, the most powerful toolset to automate and monitor your Amazon campaigns.
If you missed them, check out our previous episodes of The PPC Den Podcast:
Host and Executive Producer: Michael Erickson Facchin
Senior Producer: Nancy Lili Gonzalez
Video and Audio Editor: Pedro Moreno
Graphic Designer: Karolina Facchin