The seller who knows more sells more. It may seem obvious, but with sellers flocking to Amazon, the competition is getting tougher for everybody. What’s the best way to get a leg up? Know more than your competitors. Stay on the cutting edge of Amazon PPC tactics and trends.
It may seem simple, but you just don’t know what you don’t know. That’s why we sat down with Kiri Masters from Bobsled Marketing to discuss how sellers and their teams can improve their identification of trends, marketing networks, and communication about emerging strategies.
Adopting the Mindset of a Professional Researcher
If you want to get your organization on the cutting edge, you have to be the first person to get there. No matter what your title is, whether it be CEO, Agency Representative, or Marketing Intern, you are the catalyst for getting your business on the cutting edge of Amazon PPC.
E-commerce and Amazon in particular change very quickly. That’s why our team members spend at least 25% of their time searching for trends and vetting potential strategies.
Is that attainable for everyone? No, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to stay as up-to-date as possible. Find out what’s happening in your industry in e-commerce and in the retail space. Listen to podcasts and read blogs about areas of Amazon advertising that you haven’t explored yet.
All in all, become a sponge when it comes to Amazon PPC trends and the overall direction of your industry. Once you begin studying these areas, it will be much easier to get your entire team on board.
Staying on the Same Page
Once you’ve gotten on the forefront of Amazon PPC knowledge, make sure that every single team member knows about it. One of the best ways to spread this information is to send a weekly report on emerging trends. The rising tide that is knowledge should lift every boat in your company.
If you have multiple team members searching for new tactics and trends, compile those findings in a single place. At Ad Badger we have multiple Slack channels centered around Amazon PPC knowledge and interesting marketing strategies.
Find Your Tribe of Amazon PPC-ers
One person can only know so much, and you can only see things through one lens. That’s why it’s imperative to build or insert yourself into a network of people who are also looking for the next big thing in Amazon PPC.
Almost every account manager, marketer, and entrepreneur we work with is constantly looking for answers or ways to improve. Leaning on a group of like-minded people who are working together to solve problems and answer questions is the best way to see how trends are affecting sellers and strategies are implemented.
Also realize that when you join these groups, you also have to contribute. That can be scary for someone who is just starting out, but realize that everyone can benefit from a different perspective. One of the great things about the PPC community is that people genuinely want to help you.
Helping Your Team Spot Trends
Very few PPC-ers operate in a vacuum. Oftentimes, people are in teams where one of the main focuses is Amazon PPC. When a team is focusing a significant amount of time on learning about the ins and outs of Amazon PPC and what is changing about the Amazon landscape, a company’s collective knowledge increases exponentially.
One of the easiest ways to bring every team member closer to complete mastery is to encourage a team member with strengths in a particular area to give a presentation about their area of expertise. We do this at least once a week, and it has made everybody more well-rounded in their PPC knowledge.
In an agency setting or even in a company where multiple people handle the Amazon advertising, sharing information is the key to success. That’s why we’re big fans of building a system to implement new strategies and techniques. Obviously, if you want to experiment with a new tactic, you should start on a small scale. However, everybody on the team should know about this test and the results.
A tactic may not work in one account and for another it may be a huge success, but if tactics are only tried on a single account it’s impossible to gauge their effectiveness.
We do our best work when we are on the cutting edge of Amazon PPC strategies and trends. Our most successful clients perform their best when they have their sights set on the future of their industry as it relates to e-commerce and Amazon advertising.
Also realize that no matter where you stand when it comes to PPC knowledge, there’s people out there who want to help you. Peer groups are a great place to learn and exchange ideas. In addition, staying connected with outlets that frequently publish content surrounding new strategies is the easiest way to stay ahead of the competition.
Relay new ideas and information about emerging trends to your team members or teammates. Fostering a culture where everyone is staying up to speed and constantly looking for ways to improve is essential to getting or staying ahead.
Most importantly, never stop learning. Amazon PPC changes constantly, and no one person can know enough.
Discover Us on our PPC Den Podcast
If you enjoy supplementing your long reads with audio, we cover this topic on our podcast as well.
Listen to it in the episode below or find us on your favorite streaming platform, like Apple, Google, Spotify, and more!
- 0:55 Intro
- 3:15 Staying up to date on the latest trends
- 7:30 Keeping your team on the cutting edge
- 9:35 Using pitches to better understand your industry
- 12:30 Benefits of peer groups
- 17:05 Helping your team spot trends
- 24:40 How to apply agency strategies to a small business
- 29:05 Closing thoughts
- Be one of the first to try Ad Badger Version 2
- Bobsled Marketing
- Our free Facebook group
- Amazon’s blog, Day One
- Ad Badger app Product Tour [2020 Updated, New Features]
- PPC Den Podcast Voicemails
- Get to know Michael
- Ad Badger’s Amazon PPC Membership Academy
- Ad Badger’s YouTube channel
- What Do I Do When a Keyword Doesn’t Convert?
- Keyword Cannibalization: Good or Bad?
- How One Keyword Can Apply to Multiple Products
- Ad Badger & TurnKey: Amazon Product Listing Optimization
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Amazon PPC-ers
- Ad Badger and ZonGuru: Boost Your SEO with High Value Keywords
- Answered Prayers: Negative ASIN Targeting Comes to Auto Campaigns
- Much Ado About Budgets
- How to Get Over 100% Conversion Rates on Sponsored Display Ads
- New Launch Strategy for New Products: Skip the Auto?
- Amazon PPC Data Trends to Shape Your 2020 Strategy
- How Does Amazon PPC Work With Misspellings?
- Following Amazon’s Suggestions? The Mysterious “Suggested Bid”
- Negative ASIN in Amazon PPC Auto Campaigns: Is it Possible (Part 2)
- Negative ASIN in Amazon PPC Auto Campaigns: Is it Possible (Part 1)
- When You Should DIY Your PPC (and When You Shouldn’t)
- An Introduction to Targeting Options on the Amazon DSP
- Optimizing on a Hunch
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Product Targeting
- Amazon PPC Stats During COVID-19| April 2020
- Sponsored Brand Ads Update: Now You Can Edit Creatives
- Amazon PPC Stats During COVID-19
- Seller Central Campaign Manager is Moving to Amazon Ad Console in 2020
- Taking Your Amazon Products & Campaigns Global: A Primer
- Best Practices for Selling on Amazon During COVID-19
- Principles and Mindset for Amazon Marketers During Coronavirus
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Your Amazon PPC Campaigns
- Incorporate “Adjust Bids by Placement” into Your Keyword Bids (Part 2): Multi-Keyword Campaigns
- Incorporate “Adjust Bids by Placement” into Your Keyword Bids (Part 1): Single Keyword Campaigns
- Grow Your Amazon Campaigns with Demographics Data
- What Consumer Behavior Says About You: Amazon Brand Analytics
- How to Raise Lifetime Value with Market Basket Report
- Search Frequency Rank: How to Identify Most Important Keywords
- Long Tail Search Terms: Amazon PPC Silent Killer
- 7 Tips to Get More Clicks on Amazon Ads
- LIVE Amazon PPC Campaign Audit
- Amazon PPC Keyword Research in 2020: RPSB Revisited
- Our Top Predictions for Amazon PPC in 2020
- 7 Bad PPC Habits to Kick in 2020 (And 3 Good Ones to Start)
- The PPC Tasks We Put on Our Project Management Tools
- A Data- Oriented Approach to Advertising in December
- The Wait is Over… Search Term Reports for Sponsored Brand Ads are Here
- What to Do When It’s Time to Sell Your Amazon Business with Coran Woodmass
- Ramping Up for Cyber Monday and Black Friday with Data-Driven PPC Strategies
- Amazon PPC Campaign Structure: 6 Layers of Complexity
- Amazon PPC Today vs. Yesterday: What’s Changed, What Hasn’t
- Make Your Best Keywords Better with Single Keyword Campaigns
- 6 Levels of Amazon PPC Mastery
- How to Advertise Commodity and Unique Products with Lukas Matthews
- Amazon SEO – Bridging the Gap with PPC
- Amazon’s New Sponsored Display Ads (Beta)
- Listener Q&A: Optimizing Placement Settings
- The Problem With Optimizing Low-Converting Products (And How to Solve It)
- 4 Reasons Why Lowering Your Bids Won’t Always Lower your ACOS
- What to Expect From 30 Days of Running Amazon Ads
- Should You Segment Your Branded Keywords in Amazon Ads?
- Promoting your Products with Amazon Coupons
- Three Effective Ways to Optimize Amazon PPC Bids
- 4 Things Amazon Does Better than Google and Facebook
- Amazon DSP with Kiri Masters
- Increase Conversion Rates for Sponsored Brand Ads
- Clickfraud, Who to Hire, and More Common Amazon PPC Questions
- A Data-Driven Approach to Prime Day PPC
- Improving Your Account With Amazon Reports
- The Complete Guide to Self-Auditing Your Campaigns
- A Round-Table Discussion About Placement Settings
- My 5 Predictions for the Future of Amazon PPC
- The Importance of Indexation for Amazon PPC
- Click Through Rate (CTR) Rundown
- An Introduction To Bulk File Operations
- The Latest Sponsored Brand Ad Updates
- Defining Your PPC Goals & Setting ACOS Targets
- Making Sense of New to Brand Metrics
- Should You Bid on Competitors’ Branded Keywords
- Our Gripes About Amazon Sponsored Brand Ads
- Amazon Advertising Launch Strategy for New Products
- The Ultimate Amazon PPC Roadmap
- How to Scale Using PPC – A Case Study
- The Star-Crossed Lovers (Organic & Paid Traffic)
- Cranking Up Conversion Rates
- All Things Negative Keywords
- The Dreaded Amazon Data Reporting Delay
- What We Love About Amazon PPC
- First Look on New Bid Options in Amazon
- Dissenting Thoughts on PPC Budgets
- The Strangest, Most Popular PPC Strategy: The Keyword Dump
- Product Targeting – Into the Great Unknown
- Campaign Naming Systems
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to Sponsored Products (Part 2)
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to Sponsored Products (Part 1)
- Amazon PPC Advertising Stats
- The Advanced Basics of Amazon PPC
- Amazon’s New Product Targeting Features
- The Bid+ Conundrum
- Why We’re Living In The Golden Age of Amazon PPC
Watch Mike & Kiri on YouTube
If you enjoy supplementing your long reads with video, well, hot diggity dog, you’re in luck! We cover this topic on our YouTube channel too.
Watch it below and please don’t forget to ‘like’ and subscribe.