Amazon's New Product Targeting Features
In this episode, Mike and Brett jump into the new product targeting features that were released last week by Amazon. Join us as we discuss theory and strategies that you can implement when you create your very first product targeting and category targeting campaigns.
- 0:59 Episode Overview
- 1:50 December Ad Badger Software Update
- 3:12 New Amazon Product Targeting Features
- 4:02 About the PPC Den Membership Academy
- 5:00 New Product Targeting Theory & Strats
- 9:00 SOP – Standard Operating Procedure
- 11:40 Diving in to Seller Central
- 25:00 Category Targeting
- 25:30 In A Perfect World
Links & Resources
Join The Badger's Newsletter
and get ready to crush the competition
Choose your podcast platform on Anchor.
If you missed them, you should check out our previous episodes of The PPC Den Podcast:
- What are Dayparting and Weekparting in Amazon PPC?
- Our Wish List for Amazon PPC
- Thinking Strategically about Amazon Advertising
- How Keyword Dumping Ruins Your PPC Campaigns
- How to Become an Amazon Sponsored Display Master
- How and Why to Use Negatives in Your Amazon PPC
- Amazon’s New Sponsored Brands Reports
- How to Find New PPC Keywords with Reverse ASIN Lookup
- Getting High-Quality Product Reviews on Amazon with Andy Lam
- The Podcast Turns 100
- How to Quickly Lower ACOS Using Bulk Operations
- How to Optimize Hundreds of Auto Campaigns at Once
- Prime Day Preparation: Capitalizing on the Most Important Days of the Year
- Ad Badger & Bobsled Marketing: Staying on the Cutting Edge of Amazon PPC
- What Do I Do When a Keyword Doesn’t Convert?
- Keyword Cannibalization: Good or Bad?
- How One Keyword Can Apply to Multiple Products
- Ad Badger & TurnKey: Amazon Product Listing Optimization
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Amazon PPC-ers
- Ad Badger and ZonGuru: Boost Your SEO with High Value Keywords
- Answered Prayers: Negative ASIN Targeting Comes to Auto Campaigns
- Much Ado About Budgets
- How to Get Over 100% Conversion Rates on Sponsored Display Ads
- New Launch Strategy for New Products: Skip the Auto?
- Amazon PPC Data Trends to Shape Your 2020 Strategy
- How Does Amazon PPC Work With Misspellings?
- Following Amazon’s Suggestions? The Mysterious “Suggested Bid”
- Negative ASIN in Amazon PPC Auto Campaigns: Is it Possible (Part 2)
- Negative ASIN in Amazon PPC Auto Campaigns: Is it Possible (Part 1)
- When You Should DIY Your PPC (and When You Shouldn’t)
- An Introduction to Targeting Options on the Amazon DSP
- Optimizing on a Hunch
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Product Targeting
- Amazon PPC Stats During COVID-19| April 2020
- Sponsored Brand Ads Update: Now You Can Edit Creatives
- Amazon PPC Stats During COVID-19
- Seller Central Campaign Manager is Moving to Amazon Ad Console in 2020
- Taking Your Amazon Products & Campaigns Global: A Primer
- Best Practices for Selling on Amazon During COVID-19
- Principles and Mindset for Amazon Marketers During Coronavirus
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Your Amazon PPC Campaigns
- Incorporate “Adjust Bids by Placement” into Your Keyword Bids (Part 2): Multi-Keyword Campaigns
- Incorporate “Adjust Bids by Placement” into Your Keyword Bids (Part 1): Single Keyword Campaigns
- Grow Your Amazon Campaigns with Demographics Data
- What Consumer Behavior Says About You: Amazon Brand Analytics
- How to Raise Lifetime Value with Market Basket Report
- Search Frequency Rank: How to Identify Most Important Keywords
- Long Tail Search Terms: Amazon PPC Silent Killer
- 7 Tips to Get More Clicks on Amazon Ads
- LIVE Amazon PPC Campaign Audit
- Amazon PPC Keyword Research in 2020: RPSB Revisited
- Our Top Predictions for Amazon PPC in 2020
- 7 Bad PPC Habits to Kick in 2020 (And 3 Good Ones to Start)
- The PPC Tasks We Put on Our Project Management Tools
- A Data- Oriented Approach to Advertising in December
- The Wait is Over… Search Term Reports for Sponsored Brand Ads are Here
- What to Do When It’s Time to Sell Your Amazon Business with Coran Woodmass
- Ramping Up for Cyber Monday and Black Friday with Data-Driven PPC Strategies
- Amazon PPC Campaign Structure: 6 Layers of Complexity
- Amazon PPC Today vs. Yesterday: What’s Changed, What Hasn’t
- Make Your Best Keywords Better with Single Keyword Campaigns
- 6 Levels of Amazon PPC Mastery
- How to Advertise Commodity and Unique Products with Lukas Matthews
- Amazon SEO – Bridging the Gap with PPC
- Amazon’s New Sponsored Display Ads (Beta)
- Listener Q&A: Optimizing Placement Settings
- The Problem With Optimizing Low-Converting Products (And How to Solve It)
- 4 Reasons Why Lowering Your Bids Won’t Always Lower your ACOS
- What to Expect From 30 Days of Running Amazon Ads
- Should You Segment Your Branded Keywords in Amazon Ads?
- Promoting your Products with Amazon Coupons
- Three Effective Ways to Optimize Amazon PPC Bids
- 4 Things Amazon Does Better than Google and Facebook
- Amazon DSP with Kiri Masters
- Increase Conversion Rates for Sponsored Brand Ads
- Clickfraud, Who to Hire, and More Common Amazon PPC Questions
- A Data-Driven Approach to Prime Day PPC
- Improving Your Account With Amazon Reports
- The Complete Guide to Self-Auditing Your Campaigns
- A Round-Table Discussion About Placement Settings
- My 5 Predictions for the Future of Amazon PPC
- The Importance of Indexation for Amazon PPC
- Click Through Rate (CTR) Rundown
- An Introduction To Bulk File Operations
- The Latest Sponsored Brand Ad Updates
- Defining Your PPC Goals & Setting ACOS Targets
- Making Sense of New to Brand Metrics
- Should You Bid on Competitors’ Branded Keywords
- Our Gripes About Amazon Sponsored Brand Ads
- Amazon Advertising Launch Strategy for New Products
- The Ultimate Amazon PPC Roadmap
- How to Scale Using PPC – A Case Study
- The Star-Crossed Lovers (Organic & Paid Traffic)
- Cranking Up Conversion Rates
- All Things Negative Keywords
- The Dreaded Amazon Data Reporting Delay
- What We Love About Amazon PPC
- First Look on New Bid Options in Amazon
- Dissenting Thoughts on PPC Budgets
- The Strangest, Most Popular PPC Strategy: The Keyword Dump
- Product Targeting – Into the Great Unknown
- Campaign Naming Systems
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to Sponsored Products (Part 2)
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to Sponsored Products (Part 1)
- Amazon PPC Advertising Stats
- The Advanced Basics of Amazon PPC
- Amazon’s New Product Targeting Features
- The Bid+ Conundrum
- Why We’re Living In The Golden Age of Amazon PPC
Amazon's New Targeting Features
Amazon recently released its new Beta targeting features for Amazon marketers to explore. These new targeting features allow you to hone in on your customers by choosing specific products, brands, categories, or other product features to target your ads.
If you’re anything like us here at Ad Badger, you just can’t wait to launch one of these new ads. If that’s you… you’re in luck! Follow along below and you’ll have your first product targeting ad up and running in no time!
Step 1: Begin by logging into Seller Central, click “Advertising”, and then you’ll be taken to the Campaign Manager and see “All Campaigns”. From there, click on “create campaign”. You’ll be shown these options below:
Step 2: Go ahead and click “Continue” under the “Sponsored Products” option.
Step 3: At this point, you’ll see all of the usual options and settings you normally see when creating a new campaign. Fill in your Campaign Name, start date, end date, daily budget, and choose your targeting. Since we’re making a new product targeting campaign, select “Manual targeting” here.
Step 4: Fill in your ad group name and select the product(s) you want to include in this new campaign.
Step 5: Now that you’ve selected manual targeting, filled out your campaign info, and selected your product(s), you’ll see this (above) box that lets you select your intended targeting. Select “Product targeting” here.
Step 6: You’ll now have a few options to customize your campaign. You can select from a list of relevant categories (above) and even refine those categories to be more specific if you’d like. If you’re happy with the category as is, just click “target”. If you’d like to refine the category further, click “refine”.
Step 7: If you click “refine”, you’ll be presented with these (above) options. You can select specific brands, set a certain price range, and even refine your selection by review star ratings.
Step 8: If you’d like to target individual products instead of targeting by category (or refined category), you can select those individual products from the “Suggested” tab above. This will give you a long list of products suggested by Amazon to be relevant to your product. Alternatively, you can search for a specific product by typing its name, ASIN, or SKU. You can also enter a whole list of products by name, ASIN, or SKU.
Step 9: Amazon also released “negative product targeting” with this update. This allows you to exclude certain brands or products from your targeting. This will prevent your ads from being shown on listings of certain brands or products.
Step 10: You’re good to go! Just press “Launch Campaign” at the bottom and you’ve successfully launched your very first product targeting ad!